Tuesday, March 10, 2009

sent 3/10/09

(this is how they come from Amanda - no time to check punctuation or spelling)
I don't want to say i'd rather be in your shoes in terms of weather, but im havning a hard time adjusting to the heat so far. This past week its been in the 70's and 80's with a nice cool breeze. When i get home every night my face is more burnt than before and im wet with my own bodily secretions, which happen to make me stink very much. When people ask me how i like the weather they laugh at my reply and say just wait till July! Well next month i will be able to wear sandles and ditch these nylons! Im glad erin and william have both bought bikes, my companion and i have both been trying to buy some, it hasn't been easy. There is a bike store in town called harrles and they supposedly have used bikes in the basement, although every time we go in they caim to be all out, or have nothing that would fit us, oh well. My companion did manage to find a bike on friday, we were teaching this group of old black guys who were sitting out front of their "shanty?" smoking and when we were done my companion asked who owned this old schwin taht looks like it could be from the 80's, she offered the guy 25 dollars and is going to pick it up on thursday at our next appointment, she's very excited. As for me no luck yet, im kind of a bike snob, i don't think i could ride a not nice bike, but then again im not really willing to pay more than 30 bucks for a bike. I am planning on purchasing a camelsback this week, with the heat i need to drink lots of water and that is really the only feasable way i can think of to do it. It was nice to hear of Ben's experience at the two branches in Moscow.
jTell everyone that I love them,
Love, Sister Richards

1 comment:

  1. Proof she's Scott's daughter: bike snob
    Proof she's Mary's daughter: wont spend too much.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete